Getting ready to list your house for sale? By putting some effort into staging can impact how quickly your home moves off the market. The tenets of staging are pretty basic: de-clutter, depersonalize and deep clean. But there are some little-known tactics that experts swear by. Here are a few home staging tips to help you prepare:
1. Draw eyes to a room's best attribute, whether its a beautiful fireplace or a window with a great view, by strategically placing a decorative accent like a vase with flowers or large plant nearby.
2. Clean out and organize closets, cabinets and pantries, leaving more space than you normally might. This can give potential buyers the impression that your home has storage to spare.
3. Want to make a room seem larger? Remove rugs to give the appearance of unbroken floor space.
4. Add fluffy white towels to your bathrooms. The neutral hue implies cleanliness and can give the room a spa-like feel.
5. Turn on interior lights during an open house, even if it's daytime. If your home is outfitted with compact fluorescent bulbs, be sure they have enough time to warm up to full capacity before the event begins.
6. Widen the walking area around major pieces of furniture, such as beds and sofas. A few extra inches can make all the difference.
By being thoughtful with your staging efforts, you can help potential buyers see themselves living a happy life in our home, and that may be all it takes to seal the deal. In fact, this is the basis of good Feng Shui. If you have staged your home and are still having trouble selling, you might consider hiring an expert. My daughter is a Feng Shui Master and has helped to shift energy in many homes, creating harmony and attracting a ton of interest.
This current market can be VERY challenging for homeowners. Many are struggling to get a gauge on their best options. With my guidance, you can make the right decisions immediately and avoid making huge mistakes concerning your biggest and most important asset. I'm here to show you how to eliminate uncertainty, focus on what you need NOW and win.